The WONCA 2018 Travel Grant is designed to give family physicians and general practitioners from developing countries financial assistance so that they can join in the world family doctors’ festival, the WONCA World Conference.
Selected nominees will receive free registration and an award of USD 300 to offset travel expenses.
The number of Travel Grants will be based on the conference budget and limited to around 30.
This year, the WONCA 2018 organizing committee is raising a new “Travel Grant Fund” from world family doctors so that more of our colleagues from low income countries can attend the WONCA World Seoul Conference.
Make a Donation to the Travel Grant Fund for our Colleagues.
The Travel Grant Fund seeks to assist as many attendees as possible from developing countries, who have been selected to present their oral or poster presentation at WONCA 2018. Your donation could be all it takes to help just one young medical student, fellow or early career professional hop on a plane to Seoul, Korea.
Everyone who attends WONCA 2018 will go back with new ideas, new contacts, and new inspiration. Your donation is a chance to share family medicine and make WONCA history.
We will be grateful for any contribution you can make to this worthy fund drive. Every penny donated to the Travel Award Fund will be awarded to travel grant recipients. You simply tick off the donation during the registration progress.
- The applicant should be a participant, who intends to present an accepted abstract.
- The applicant is from one of the low-income & lower-middle-income countries as defined according to World Bank Country Classification. (Click)
1. Apply for the Travel Grant when you submit abstracts online.
2. The applicant must submit the following items to the conference secretariat:
1) Motivation letter (max. 200 words; including brief statement of your financial need for the travel grant)
2) Copy of Passport
3) Letter of recommendation from the country's family/general practice organization (if one exists).
3. The Organizing Committee will review the application and supporting documents.